In less than a week, I will turn thirty. Thirty was my benchmark. I always knew that I would be a mother by the time I turned thirty. When it became clear last Spring that I would not be a mother by 1/8/2009, I altered my "dream" to settling to at least being pregnant by the time I turned thirty. No such luck. I'm on Cycle 15 or 16, I think, and I have absolutely no hope that I will ever get pregnant without assistance.
All around, women are conceiving and giving birth to their beautiful children. I've tried to articulate my struggles to some of my friends, but in the end, I don't think one can truly understand this predicament unless they've been here themselves. I feel like my life is temporarily on hold until I find the answers that I seek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi...Thanks for commenting on my blog. I will turn thirty this march and I too had hopes of being a mom by this time. But hey whats life without hopes. Welcome to the blogosphere. Feel free to contact me, i know the IF journey can get lonely.
I read your previous post. Did you get the tests done? I think after 12 cycles one should seek out as to whats wrong.
I also wanted to be a mom by thirty. When my husband and I started dating, I told him that I wanted to be a mom by 30. And he said he also wanted to be a dad by thirty - and that he'd turn 30 before me...
so much for that idea..
I'm sorry you are also struggling with IF. It absolutely sucks. Seeing people all around you getting pregnant and having babies make it even harder. Are you guys pursuing any treatments, or have plans of doing it? did you have any tests done?
It took me forever (6 years) to give in and seek a doctor, but if I were to do it again I'd not have waited this long.
Post a Comment